Jump To Navigation

Know your rights as your child's father

In a previous blog post, we discussed how fathers should fight for their right to raise their children. This is something that many men don't think about doing simply because of the historical role of fathers in a child's life after a divorce. We know that this might be the way you think things still are, but this isn't the case.

These days, men have just as much of a right to raise their children as mothers. The thing here is that you might have to fight a bit more to be able to take the lead in your child's life. Even though it might require some work, you are likely going to find that it is well worth it. Even if you aren't seeking full custody, you might be able to work things out to where you can play a bigger role in your child's life than what would be possible if you were only around every other weekend.

When you decide to try to get custody of your child, you might need to come up with a co-parenting agreement with your ex. Even though this might not seem like an ideal situation, it might be a way that you can resolve the child custody issues so that you can move forward with getting your child accustomed to the new arrangement.

We understand that you might have some questions and concerns. We will work to get those answered and addressed so that you can decide what you are going to do for your children. There are several options that you have that you might be able to tailor to fit your unique circumstances.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Subscribe to this blog's feed

Contact Information

Law Office of John E. Fitz-Gerald, L.L.C.
1 Lakeshore Dr, Suite 1230
Lake Charles, LA 70629

Phone: 337-494-1200
Fax: 337-494-1009
Lake Charles Law Office

Review Us

FindLaw Network

Do You Have A Case?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.